Lead Software Architect London £65-85k (depending on experience)
Reports to: CEO
My client is a successful global investment company who specialize in program trading and sports betting. They focus on the areas of leisure and pleasure. While their headquarters are in Europe, they have key offices and clients in most major cities across the globe.
In keeping with their spirit of seeking world-class talent, their employees are drawn from all over the world. They think this helps their understanding of how their business can work in different parts of the globe.
The sole purpose of this role is for the successful Lead Software Architect to work closely with the stakeholders of the business to build and architect software development solutions for all upcoming projects.
- Leadership and architecture design of online gaming and financial product projects
- Implement software architecture projects in line with company standards
- Make strategic decisions for budgeting, ensuring business progression un maintained at all times
- Ensure all documentation is written for all project teams of functionality, technical specification, system architecture, component design, test cases and reporting
- Leverage cutting-edge technologies to deliver new products, especially online games and financial products with outstanding user experience
- Take an active part in the whole product development lifecycle
The right candidate:
- Degree level qualification in Computer Science, Architecture or equivalent
- All round understanding of eCommerce website architecture
- Several years of Spring or Tomcat (or similar), MySQL and Oracle
- Server side Java exposure
- Experience in a 24x7 high volume eCommerce environment
- Exposure to integrating and designing APIs
**Experience in the betting industry is a huge plus however is not completely essential**
The more ticked below the better
- Core Java
- Spring & Spring MVC
- Testing frameworks (Junit, DBUnit, Mockito and JMock)
- Webservices – REST & SOAP
- Agile techniques (SCRUM and XP)
- Domain Driven Development
- Solaris/Linux (RedHat, SuSe and Gentoo)
- Windows (10, 7, 95, 2000, XP and Vista)
We regret that due to current volumes, we are unable to acknowledge every application. All successful candidates will be contacted as soon as possible. If you are contacted, please note that, as part of the registration process, you will be required to provide us with proof of identity and proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
Betting Appointments, part of the St George’s Recruitment Group, is acting as an employment agency in regard to this vacancy. We specialise in finding great jobs for great people; our consultants handle a wide range of roles within the betting and gaming industry. If you’re looking for a fresh approach to betting and gaming recruitment, please contact us now.