"I can only say many thanks to Harry and I'm very grateful for his contributions towards my new role. Harry assisted me during my transition period, where he consistently provided myself with updates and potential opportunities which suited my experience. An honest and professional individual who's approach was consistently positive and motivating as well as building a great rapport with myself. I strongly recommend Harry to those seeking to progress within the gaming industry. Thank you for your time and patience!"
Christopher Mubato Shungu - Customer Service Executive
Developer Tester X3 - York
Developer Tester X3 York £20-22k
My client are the manufacturing excellence with innovation and product development means that everything needed for the casino of the future is in one place - from quality, hand-crafted furniture to cutting edge technical equipment that enhance gaming experience, profits and security.
The primary responsibility of the Developer Tester is to ensure product quality along with integration with software. This includes testing all new and existing product changes, including build configuration/implementation changes and regression testing. Testing is to be performed using as much automated tests as possible; enabling re-use, maximising execution efficiency and reducing business risk.
- Deliver the testing and quality assurance of the quality road map and strategy for the hardware and software platforms, ensuring implementation of timely, reusable tests; regularly reporting progress to line manager
- Ensuring the quality of each product release, and complete testing to agreed deadlines
- Following processes, procedures and structures, recommending improvements and/or introduction of best practice as appropriate
- Provide detailed estimates and feedback to the supervisor for project scheduling purposes
- Provide test reports on a regular agreed basis which detail testing progress, issues and risks
- Working in a multi-disciplined Agile team, use your experience to contribute to requirements analysis, development and support processes
- Extending and enhancing the repository of system documentation, to cover new or changed system functionality where appropriate
- Develop a sound business understanding, ensuring tests are defined and aligned with business use of the product
- Experience of testing gaming applications both in casino and on-line both ‘legacy’ and ‘research and development’
- Experience of liaising with development, product managers and designers/resources for troubleshooting where appropriate/necessary
- Knowledge and experience of one programming language (Java, C# or C++)
- Experience of using test tools, enterprise and open source (desirable)
- Excellent interpersonal skills to communicate at all levels
- Good written and verbal ‘description’ skills for defect writing
- Thorough knowledge of structured test methods and processes
- Proven experience of designing tests for and testing complex user
- Detailed knowledge of both manual and automated testing
- A commitment to quality and a thorough approach to work
- A proven record in testing software
- Knowledge and experience of test management tools
- Knowledge and experience of scripting languages
- Knowledge and experience with various development methodologies; Agile, TDD or Waterfall
We regret that due to current volumes, we are unable to acknowledge every application. All successful candidates will be contacted as soon as possible. If you are contacted, please note that, as part of the registration process, you will be required to provide us with proof of identity and proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
Betting Appointments, part of the St George’s Recruitment Group, is acting as an employment agency in regard to this vacancy. We specialise in finding great jobs for great people; our consultants handle a wide range of roles within the betting and gaming industry. If you’re looking for a fresh approach to betting and gaming recruitment, please contact us now.