"Lee was a huge influence behind me finding my dream job in Gibraltar. He helped me prepare for both phone, Skype and in person interviews by offering guidance and interview tips. Then, when I landed the job (thanks to Lee's help), he helped me sort out contracts, relocation packages and ensure everything was in place for me to move abroad. Thoroughly supportive throughout the whole process and a pleasure to communicate with."
Ryan Lewis - Copywriter
Senior Trader – Horse Racing - London
Senior Trader – Horse Racing London £32-35k
My client is currently recruiting a horse racing trader, for their new trading operation based in central London. The role would be ideally suited to someone with trading experience in horse racing, who is looking to progress their career within this start-up environment. The successful candidate would have a good understanding of betting theory, with a passion for horse racing as well as strong numeric skills.
- Compilation of pre-event odds for Horse Racing.
- Manage Horse Racing prices through their event cycle.
- Understand the strategic betting proposition and manage pre-game and in-play betting decisions accordingly.
- Contribute to the ongoing development of new products and systems.
Skills and experience:
- Must have excellent Horse Racing knowledge.
- Must have good understanding of bookmaking theory.
- Preferred previous horse racing trading experience & any international racing knowledge would be a huge advantage.
- Preferred mathematical or statistical qualification.
- Must be willingly to work outside normal office hours, including evenings, weekends and Bank Holidays.
- Sports Betting knowledge
- Coming with 3 years Horse trading background
- Mathematical, statistical and analytical skills
- Data management expertise
- Computer literate with strong knowledge of MS office Suite
- Strong communication skills
- Team player / excellent interpersonal abilities
We regret that due to current volumes, we are unable to acknowledge every application. All successful candidates will be contacted as soon as possible. If you are contacted, please note that, as part of the registration process, you will be required to provide us with proof of identity and proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
Betting Appointments, part of the St George’s Recruitment Group, is acting as an employment agency in regard to this vacancy. We specialise in finding great jobs for great people; our consultants handle a wide range of roles within the betting and gaming industry. If you’re looking for a fresh approach to betting and gaming recruitment, please contact us now.