My client is recruiting for a new Technical SEO Manager to join their team in London. They are one of the most respected, recognisable and well known operators in the betting and gaming industry.
Please note: You do not need previous experience in the betting and gaming industry to be considered for the role.
The Technical SEO Manager will be ultimately responsible for the technical performance of all the clients sportsbook and gaming desktop/mobile sites, as well as maintaining and improving the technical SEO health of these domains.
The Technical SEO Manager will be accountable for carrying out all technical site audits and creating a clear guideline of development recommendations which can be implemented throughout our development roadmap.
The Technical SEO Manager works within the SEO team and reports to the Head of SEO who will be based in Tel Aviv.
- Accountable for carrying out regular in-depth analysis and audits of all of the clients sportsbook and gaming sites in order to provide guidelines to our development teams on how best we can create an SEO friendly infrastructure.
- Responsible for creating a clear SEO development guideline roadmap and prioritize items in order to maximise the development effort being invested in this area.
- Be the technical stakeholder for the SEO team with our IT and development departments to ensure that essential technical website changes are part of the development/IT roadmap.
- Develop clear long term plans to improve site speed across our mobile and desktop products to ensure all of our gaming and sportsbook sites have industry leading site speeds.
- Accountable for crawl error management, duplicate content management, indexation issue resolution and ownership of sitemaps to ensure full visibility to Google and Bing crawlers.
- Work closely with the Senior Sports SEO Manager and the Senior Gaming SEO manager to define and prioritize the key technical requirements for their area and provide technical support for rolling these changes out.
- Responsible for breaking down complex SEO challenges and presenting back a clear and simple solution to meeting these challenges in order to allow teams outside the SEO department to get a better understanding of the requirements of these projects.
- Monthly disavow audit for the clients websites to ensure the back links profile contains only clean links and not spam.
- Work closely with the technical teams in third party providers such as Playtech and Openbet to ensure upcoming product developments consider all performance elements of SEO.
- Responsible for driving internal technical education and training on SEO strategy and execution for a range of stakeholders.
- Accountable for refining our best technical practices for team facing analytics and technical documentation.
- Responsible for creating and evolving the process for conducting SEO audits that inform and drive long-term strategy in order to increase awareness of SEO technical requirements throughout the company.
- Support weekly SEO calls on sportsbook and gaming as the subject matter expert related to technical recommendations as needed and work closely with our agencies to ensure their campaigns sit comfortably within our technical roadmap.
- Experience with optimising a website for mobile devices and their impact on SEO to drive a higher ranking on google searches.
Specialist Skills and Experience Required
- Strong technical SEO experience and a proven track record in working a technical SEO role within the gaming industry.
- Solid data analysis skills and ability to identify actionable insights from large datasets.
- Strong background in understanding complex architectures and be able to trouble shoot code and provide thorough recommendations
- Clinical understanding of front and back end web development.
- Experience with log file analysis and owning this process.
- A strong understanding of web usability and site design.
- Proficient with core SEO tools, including Google Analytics, Google Search Console, Google Tag Manager, and ranking tools (i.e.ScreamFrog, Searchmetrics, Advanced Web Rankings, STAT, Conductor, Moz, SEMrush).
Please only apply to the role if you have the required skills/experience
I look forward to hearing from you soon.
We regret that due to current volumes, we are unable to acknowledge every application. All successful candidates will be contacted as soon as possible. If you are contacted, please note that, as part of the registration process, you will be required to provide us with proof of identity and proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
Betting Appointments, part of the St George’s Recruitment Group, is acting as an employment agency in regard to this vacancy. We specialise in finding great jobs for great people; our consultants handle a wide range of roles within the betting and gaming industry. If you’re looking for a fresh approach to betting and gaming recruitment, please contact us now.