The role of the Product Owner will be to take a selection of products from conception through to end of life cycle. This will include the project management of the product development life cycle, communication to the business teams to keep relevant people informed and decision making on the product, working closely with the development team and the head of product owners and planning all development or modifications to their products and be responsible for those product deliveries and continued success.
The Product owner will be responsible for the Electronic Gaming Terminal product range within the business. The candidate will be project managing all current ongoing developments, as well as getting feedback from the business (internal and external customers) to move the product forward to remain competitive.
The successful candidate will need to be able to learn and retain information on the EGT products to a high level and have a good understanding of all products supported by others. They will need to know the exact status of their products and understand what is happening in the business with competition products.
Responsibilities and Duties:
· Own the product and make all final decisions
· Support Sales with product orientation / customer presentations
· Work with customer (internal and external) to understand requirements / changes to existing products
· Lead the planning and implementation of products / projects
· Facilitate, document and report the definition of project scope, goals and deliverables using the defined applications and processes
· Work with third party suppliers
· Define project tasks and resource requirements
· Develop full scale project plans for identified products / projects
· Manage project budget
· Plan and schedule project timelines
· Track product / project deliverables using appropriate tools
· Present reports defining project progress, problems and solutions
· Implement and manage project changes and interventions to achieve project outputs
· Monitor and report on competing products in the market place
· To carry out any other duties as may be reasonably requested from time to time by senior management
Skills and Abilities:
· Knowledge of both theoretical and practical aspects of project management
· Knowledge of project management techniques and tools
· Excellent organisational, planning and time management skills
· Logical thinking with creative problem-solving ability
· Great attention to detail
· Understanding of budget control
· The ability to work well with others and lead a team
· Good IT skills – Including all standard Microsoft packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
· Preferably experience with Jira and Confluence (from Atlassian suite of products)
· To establish and maintain excellent standards of customer service and focus throughout dedicated customer portfolio
We regret that due to current volumes, we are unable to acknowledge every application. All successful candidates will be contacted as soon as possible. If you are contacted, please note that, as part of the registration process, you will be required to provide us with proof of identity and proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
Betting Appointments, part of the St George’s Recruitment Group, is acting as an employment agency in regard to this vacancy. We specialise in finding great jobs for great people; our consultants handle a wide range of roles within the betting and gaming industry. If you’re looking for a fresh approach to betting and gaming recruitment, please contact us now.