The chosen candidate is primarily responsible for ensuring the availability of database services delivered at data centres and office locations that are across multiple European countries including architecture, high availability and disaster recovery configurations. The successful candidate will be able to resolve and troubleshoot complex issues and communicate resolutions to both technical and non-technical staff.
Reporting to the Infrastructure Manager.
· Resolve and troubleshoot complex issues and communicate resolutions to both technical and non-technical staff
· Work with the team to design, maintain, document and implement solutions
· Manage and configure database services, spanning multiple sites
· Innovate and automate process where possible
· 5+ years’ DBA experience (MSSQL)
· 3+ years’ experience working in an enterprise environment
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Key Skills (The more you tick, the better)
· Microsoft SQL Server (2012, 2016)
· Strong knowledge of optimized stored procedures, triggers and user defined functions to increase performance
· Database administration (job management, maintenance, monitoring, reporting)
· Database backup
· Database security
· Microsoft SQL Server 2008+
· Microsoft Failover Clustering
· Linux Systems Administration (Debian, Ubuntu)
· VMware Technologies
· ITIL v3 Foundation or above
We regret that due to current volumes, we are unable to acknowledge every application. All successful candidates will be contacted as soon as possible. If you are contacted, please note that, as part of the registration process, you will be required to provide us with proof of identity and proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
Betting Appointments, part of the St George’s Recruitment Group, is acting as an employment agency in regard to this vacancy. We specialise in finding great jobs for great people; our consultants handle a wide range of roles within the betting and gaming industry. If you’re looking for a fresh approach to betting and gaming recruitment, please contact us now.