The chosen candidate is primarily responsible for the configuration, maintenance and overall support of the Linux estate with a smaller responsibility for our Windows estate. This role will involve proactively monitoring and investigating issues from within testing environments up to production machines.
This role does require on-call/shift work on a rotation basis.
· Install, configure and maintain applications, services, servers and environments.
· Proactive analysis and pre-emptive incident reduction by means of monitoring/trend analysis.
· Development, deployment, tuning and upgrade of applications and services.
· Ensuring best practice security to maintain compliant status.
· Implementation of automation technologies to aid productivity.
· Utilising new products to give the best possible solution to issues.
· Supporting internal users and external parties/clients.
· Support/Mentor junior team members.
· Work with Application Support Manager to improve support processes.
· BSc in Computer Science (or relevant alternative).
· 4-6 years’ commercial experience within a similar role.
· Strong Unix/Linux skills, preferably Debian.
· Strong DB experience, preferably Postgres.
· Experience with some of: Bash, SQL, PHP, Ruby, Groovy, Node.JS. Beneficial Java/C++
· Working knowledge of Apache/Nginx, HAProxy.
· Working knowledge of Nagios, Graphite, Grafana.
· Experience of Log management/aggregation tools. Preferably Graylog/ElasticSeach
· Previous use of Configuration Management tools. Preferably Chef.
· Previous use of Continuous integration tools. Preferably Jenkins.
· Source Repository Management e.g. Git/SVN.
· Experience of Virtualisation Technologies (VMware, HyperV, Citrix).
· Experience of containerisation Technologies (Docker, LXC).
· Experience in Networking (Cisco).
· Knowledge of Gambling and Betting.
We regret that due to current volumes, we are unable to acknowledge every application. All successful candidates will be contacted as soon as possible. If you are contacted, please note that, as part of the registration process, you will be required to provide us with proof of identity and proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
Betting Appointments, part of the St George’s Recruitment Group, is acting as an employment agency in regard to this vacancy. We specialise in finding great jobs for great people; our consultants handle a wide range of roles within the betting and gaming industry. If you’re looking for a fresh approach to betting and gaming recruitment, please contact us now.